Rube Works | Reviews | CCSS Alignments | Press | Support
CCSS and NGSS Alignment in Rube Works
- 21st Century skills of Collaboration, Critical Thinking/Problem Solving, and Communication
- Lateral Thinking
- Small Group Collaboration
- Cause and Effect Chain Reactions
- Reading, Writing, and Research opportunities
- Reading Comprehension skills
- Reading Closely skills
- Recognizing Main Ideas
- Distinguishing Facts
- Comparing/Contrasting Information
Common Core State Standards’ (CCSS) Literacy in Science and Technical Subjects are addressed in this game: RST.6-8.2, RST.6-8.3, RST.6-8.7, RST.6-8.8, RST.6-8.9.
These Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) for further college and career readiness are addressed in this game: MS-ETS1-1, MS-ETS1-2, MS-ETS1-3, MS-ETS1-4, HS-PS3-3, MS-PS3-2, MS-PS3-5.
Using Rube Works in the Classroom
We are very pleased to hear about how educators are using Rube Works with their students as part of Rube Goldberg Machine-building projects. Check out this discussion on LinkedIn where they talk about their experience.
Lesson plans are included in the current version of Rube Works via the Help button.