Turn Off A Light
Sunday, February 09, 2020 Setup Time:
11:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Apprentice - Ages 8 - 11 (Elementary School)
melissa ramirez - invitation signed.
Kevin Marin - invitation signed.
Justin Paucar - invitation signed.
William Ayora - invitation signed.
Ala Alrowhani - invitation signed.
This machine will use gravity and other balls/machines placed along its route to drop a ball on the lightswitch, completing the challenge.
Our Step List
1. Ball is dropped into metal funnel.
2. Funnel drops ball into inclined plane 1.
3. Inclined plane 1 carries ball into Funnel 2.
4. Funnel 2 deposits ball into inclined plane 2.
5. Ball drops from inclined plane 2 and uses wheel to deposit the ball at the next level of the machine.
6. Ball travels down red and cardboard tunnel tubes.
7. Ball drops onto spoon lever which deposits ball into coffee cup funnel.
8. Ball travels down inclined plane and hits stationary golf ball, causing golf ball to roll.
9. Golf ball travels down inclined plane and hits stationary stress ball, located in final upside-down funnel.
10. Stress ball drops on to lightswitch to shut it off and complete challenge.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Verbal Presentation. This is your team’s chance to shine and be creative! We want to hear the story your machine tells, and understand how the steps represent the theme and key elements of your narrative. The Machine Introduction should not be a step-by-step explanation of how the steps work. This is where your personality, humor, and team spirit engages the audience and gets them excited to see your machine.
Our Machine Run Videos