Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Hoffman Estates High School
Saturday, February 23, 2019 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Apprentice - Ages 8 - 11 (Elementary School)
Roshen Thomas - invitation signed.
Andrew Young - invitation signed.
Cameron Fuller - invitation signed.
Kaela Uzarraga - invitation signed.
Samuel Skobelev - invitation signed.
Siarhei Shymchonak - invitation signed.
Ewan Russell - invitation signed.
Jack Dempsey - invitation signed.
Adam Paulson - invitation signed.
Bharath Arulkumar - invitation signed.
Tara Pokharel - invitation signed.
Yug Patel - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We are studying chain reactions and how simple machines and the forces of motion can work together to put a coin in a piggy bank. Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Life is Trial and Error"Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Release the task in AUGUST!!!
Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Chain reactions through Chicago construction to put a coin in a bank.
Our Step List
1. Cut string
2. String hits the wrecking ball to hit a car.
3. Car moved down track and knocks down dominoes
4. Domino hit another car down a ramp.
5. Car hits a marble and heads down ramp, into lower half of the machine.
6. Marble hits dominoes.
7. Dominoes hit ball.
8. Ball hits bottom supports of a pole (beam)
9. Beam/pole tilts and hits car.
10. Car rolls down the track with coin and falls into the bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos