Erase A Chalkboard
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
We are studying Newton's Laws of Motion. We are also studying simple machines. Throughout our presentation you may notice several simple machines being used.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. -Thomas EdisonWhy we think we should win:
We think we should win because we have worked extremely hard on our design and have demonstrated physics and creativity. We worked together to overcome problems and frustrations to create our masterpiece.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
-Pop a balloon
-Frost a cake/cupcake
-Fill a water glass
We are in a gifted program called A.L.E.R.T. ALERT stands for Active Learning Experiences in Research and Thinking
Our Step List
1.Our taxi driver drove us straight over a coffee shop hitting a golf ball causing it to roll down a ramp.
2. The golf ball knocks over paintings (dominoes) at the art museum.
3. All the paintings in the museum crash into some more golf balls.
4. The golf balls hit the fake Empire State Building causing it to tumble and crash into the Celest Hotel.
5. The Celest Hotel falls and hits a turn style.
6. The turn style knocks down 3 advertising signs (dominoes).
7. The signs fall straight into a shopping lady.
8. The confused lady falls and crashes into an unsteady road.
9. The road knocks down 3 caution cones.
10. The last caution cone knocks into a building.
11. The building crashes into a series of buildings after it causing them to fall.
12. The buildings fall right into our friend Macy.
13. Macy runs straight into a plane.
14. The plane flies erasing all of our memories.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos