Open An Umbrella
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
We are studying physics and the machine is a way to apply what we have learned this your.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"With God's help we shall succeed"Why we think we should win:
We think we should win for working in a creative ways without a lot of equipment, and for trying our best in 2 days.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Draw a square with a brushFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
We are students in "Yeshiva Tichonit Beit Shean" and this is the first year we are taking part in the international cometition.
We are taking a part in the comprtition as part of Atidim Project.
Our machine is the result of our hard work, effort and desire to succeed and to advance the understanding and knowledge.
We hope to succeed...
Our Step List
1. A wire is released by being cuted
2. It sends a masking tape down a rail
3. The masking tape hits the nail
4. The nail hits the phone.
5. The phone rings to the other phone higher in the machine.
6. By the viberate of the phone the dominoes are being pushed ,whice creates the text “YATBASH” – Yeshiva Tichonit Beit Shean – and that is the name of our high school.
7. The dominoes pushes a tiny ball, by the The law of conservation of momentum
that falls down to the rails.
8. The ball falls into a funnel.
9. The ball falls into another rail.
10. The ball pushes another ball by pushing a domino.
11. They fall together to a route with gravitation.
12. The balls push dominoes, that make the nail make a free fall and hit the balloon.
13. The balloon explodes
14. The robot starts to work by using the sound sensor, and the robot is programmed to move by electronic force until it detecta dark line.
15. When the light sensor of the robot recognizes the dark line – the robot moves its arm and kicks the ball, and it gives the ball acceleration.
16. The ball rolls to soccer gates, gets inside a hole and into a cup.
17. The cup is falling a free fall by the weight of the ball.
18. It pulls a barrier, and the barrier releases another ball.
19. The ball is rolling in the rails.
20. The ball pushes a cup as a part of a leverage.
21. The cup pulls a wire by using the leverage effect.
22. When the wire released, the umbrella is opened.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos