Apply A BAND-AID®
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
The machine was built by the students of the ATIDIM after school program for excellence. We focus on Science, Mathematics and English and are exposed to future options in Academic institutes and the High-Tec industry.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Atidim moto: (Hebrew)
תהיה מציאותי. תחלום.
Be realistic. Dream.
Why we think we should win:
We deserve to win the contest because we work really hard on it.
we have invested most of our time in the past month to building and thinking about the original levels that you can see in our machine.
We feel that our group became really close.
Even if we won't win, the feeling when we actually got the machine to work was worth it, and we'll always remember it!
Suggestion for next year's challenge:
to fill a glass of water.
Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine was built by the students of Yaarat Ha Emek School in the city of Migdal Ha Emek, Israel. The machine was built by the students of the ATIDIM after school program for excellence in Science and Technology.
ATIDIM is looking to collaborate educationally around the machine contest with other schools around the world!
Contact us - email@example.com
Our Step List
1. A hammer Falls on Scissors that cut a thread
2. The cut of the thread releases a ball downwards
3. The ball lands on a small wooden plank that moves and forms a crane (made out of two pieces)
4. The small wooden plank hits another wooden plank that starts moving
5. Wooden plank number two hits a ball that starts moving
6. A ball down a rail and hits a mechanical button that is made out of serval poles
7. Mechanical button pushes a weight
8. Weight pulls a spatula
9. String pulls the spatula down
10. Spatula falls and moves a rolling pin
11. Rolling pin makes the stick lose balance and wooden shutter opens
12. Wooden shutter presses on a pump handle
13. The pumps air moves a ball
14. Ball rolls on an incline and moves a car with a needle on it
15. Needle stabs a balloon
16. Gas mixture drops a row of dominos (1)
17. The ball falls and rolls
18. The ball drops dominos (2)
19. Dominos drop iron ball (1)
20. Iron ball (1) moves down an incline
21. After movement down an incline, a ball gets into an incline upwards
22. Ball enters a cup that is a part of a mechanism of a rink system that changes the direction of the move from the bottom up and allows using a small force to operates a big force of weights
23. Weight activates a horizontal crane
24. Horizontal crane activates a system of vertical cranes
25. Cranes system operates a big vertical crane that hits an iron ball from a high plain
26. Ball rolls in an incline downwards
27. Ball falls into a cup that is on a wheel that starts to turn
28. Ball releases from the cup that is on the wheel and polls in an incline
29. Ball hits a wooden cube
30. The cube moves and allows a wooden hammer to move
31. A hammer hits a water bottle that falls
32. The fall of the bottle makes the water flow
33. The water fills a bowl that has a ball inside that starts rising in the water
34. The ball reaches a rail in an incline and rolls in it
35. The ball presses a switch that turns a fan on
36. The fan moves a boat in a bowl of water
37. The boat hits a ball that starts rolling
38. The ball moves on an incline
39. Ball (1) hits a gear that is a part of a Lego structure (1)
40. Ball (2) goes down in an incline
41. Ball (2) hits a gear that is a part of a Lego structure (2)
42. Ball (3) goes down in an incline
43. Ball (3) hits a gear that is a part of a Lego structure (3)
44. Ball (4) goes down in an incline
45. Ball (4) hits a crane that is a part of a catapult
46. Crane operates a transmission system in a catapult
47. There's a thread attached to a transmission system
48. The thread releases and makes a spring move
49. The spring moves
A bandage that is attached to the spring moves along with it and sticks to Krembo.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos