Apply A BAND-AID®
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
The machine was built by the students of the ATIDIM after school program for excellence. We focus on Science, Mathematics and English and are exposed to future options in Academic institutes and the High-Tec industry.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Atidim moto: (Hebrew)
תהיה מציאותי. תחלום.
Be realistic. Dream.
Why we think we should win:
We think we deserve to win because we build almost the entire thing with our hands out of recycled materials. Almost the entire machine is handmaid and not store bought. Plus, it is well disained.
Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Turning a newspaper page
Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine was built by the students of Shaked Darca School in the city of Sde Eliyahu, Israel. The machine was built by the students of the ATIDIM after school program for excellence in Science and Technology.
ATIDIM is looking to collaborate educationally around the machine contest with other schools around the world!
Contact us - email@example.com
Our Step List
1. A toilet is flushed and the water goes down to a container that is on a scale.
2. The wait of the water tips the scale
3. The other side hits a marble that is on a slide.
4. The marble goes down the slide and hits a row of wooden dominoes.
5. The last domino hits a miniature seesaw that is connected to a magnet on a string.
6. The magnet is attached to another magnet that is attached to a string that is wrapped around a pole. Once the first magnet is pulled away by the seesaw
7. The second magnet falls and spins in growing circles around the pole do to it being attached to the string.
8. The second magnet hits a trash can lid and closes the trash can.
9. The falling lid hits a ball and sends it down a tube.
10. The ball goes through the tube and hits another line of growing dominoes.
11. The last domino hits a marble that goes down a slide
12. The marble falls through a hole in the slide and hits a plug into an electrical socket.
13. The electrical circuit powers a fan.
14. The fan blows air and causes a boat to sail through a tunnel.
15. The boat pulls a string that sends a marble through a rubber band slide.
16. At the edge of the slide the marble hits wooden platform that is holding a balloon on a string. This causes the balloon to be pulled towards the ground. Inside the balloon there is a marble.
17. The balloon hits a wire and pops. The marble falls on to a slide.
18. At the end of the slide the marble hits a line of growing dominoes.
19. The last domino hits a lock that is attached to a magnet. The lock comes spiraling down a spring. At the bottom there is another magnet. When the lock comes close to the magnet at the bottom the magnet jumps up to the magnet on the lock.
20. This releases a helium balloon that has upside down band aides that then glue them to a picture of a clown on the ceiling.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos