Apply A BAND-AID®
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
The machine was built by the students of the ATIDIM after school program for excellence. We focus on Science, Mathematics and English and are exposed to future options in Academic institutes and the High-Tec industry.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Atidim moto: (Hebrew)
תהיה מציאותי. תחלום.
Be realistic. Dream.
Why we think we should win:
We think we should win because we tried to build most of the machine by ourselves and we didn't bought ready complex toys to impress. We feel really connected to our machine and spent days and nights for the machine to get work. We really tried to build extraordinary steps in the machine!
Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Put sugar with spoon into tea cup!
Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine was built by the students of Ort Rugozin school in the city of Migdal Haemek, Israel. The machine was built by the students of the ATIDIM after school program for excellence in Science and Technology.
ATIDIM is looking to collaborate educationally around the machine contest with other schools around the world!
Contact us - email@example.com
Our Step List
1. The machine’s operation starts when a small, leg shaped wood, hits a ball.
The wooden leg’s potential height energy becomes kinetic energy, giving momentum to the ball.
2. The ball rolls in a plastic path.
3. The ball hits a domino line and the domino tiles fall.
Each domino tile is larger than the previous,
so that the final tile hits a wooden stick with enough energy.
4. When the last domino tile hits the wooden stick from the right,
the wood rotates and a ring is released.
5. The ring rolls down a wooden path and hits the edge of a ball.
6. The ball falls and pulls a small wooden gate.
7. When the wooden gate falls, a toy car, charged with elastic energy starts to rides through the path.
8. A needle which is located on the roof of the car, bursts a balloon.
9. The balloon burst enables a conducting cylinder shaped mass to roll down the sloped path.
10. The conducting mass reaches the end of the path and closes an electric circuit with a coil, producing a magnetic field, which repels a magnet at the edge of the coil.
11. The magnet pushes a ball.
12. The ball enters a tube.
13. The ball gets out of the tube and rolls down through a plastic path.
14. The ball then hits a big wooden plate arranged as a domino line.
15. The last domino tile hits a wooden stick, rotates it and enables a car to run through the path.
16. The car hits a small ball and gives it momentum.
17. The ball hits another ball, pushes it, and takes its place.
18. The pushed ball hits another ball and take its place.
19. The last ball hits an unbalanced ring.
20. The ring rotates and hits a domino tower.
21. The tower collapses and pulls a rope with a small piece of plasticine.
22. After the piece of plasticine falls, a ball rolls down the path and hits a domino tile.
23. The domino tile falls and pulls a rope and another ball rolls down.
24. The ball hits a domino tile.
25. The domino tile falls and pulls a rope and another ball rolls down.
26. The ball hits a domino tile.
27. The domino tile falls and pulls a rope and another ball rolls down.
28. The ball hits a domino tile.
29. The last domino tile enables the last ball to roll down the path and hit a small plead ball.
30. The plead ball enters a cone with two Aluminum strips and closes an electric circuit with a ventilator.
31. The ventilator pushes a small boat.
32. A distance sensor reads the location of the boat and turns on an electric motor.
33. The electric motor pulls a rope.
34. After the rope is pulled, the air from the balloon releases, and the balloon is pulled through a horizontal rope.
35. The balloon pulls a rope with paper, and a ball starts rolling down the path.
36. The ball hits some other small balls on edge of the path.
37. The balls enter a basket and the basket goes down.
38. The mass hits a path with a small ball from the left, and rotates it so that the ball rolls down.
39. The small ball enters a transparent tube.
40. After rolling in the tube the ball hits a ping pong ball.
41. The ping pong ball hits a plastic ball and it rolls down the plastic path.
42. The plastic ball enters a vertical transparent tube.
43. The plastic ball rolls down another plastic path.
44. The plastic ball hits a small wooden hummer at the bottom and rotates it.
45. The top part of the hammer hits a cello tape ring and the ring rolls down.
46. The ring hits another hummer, the process occurs three times.
47. The last ring hits a small ball and the ball falls into a paper cup.
48. The paper cup goes down and another paper cup goes using a pulley block.
49. The paper cup hits a wooden plate with a small ball on it.
50. The small ball rolls down and hits a mass on the edge.
51. The mass falls into a sloped box and rotates a wood with a fork on the other side. The plasters that lay on the fork, hit the picture and stick to it!
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos