Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Mishel Marzan - invitation sent
Or Fialko - invitation sent
Amit Kakon - invitation signed.
Liel Arez Kdosha - invitation signed.
Sabina Gamer Vainer - invitation signed.
Coral Birndorf - invitation signed.
Hen Simionov - invitation sent
Valeria Frumkin - invitation signed.
Almog Amar - invitation signed.
Klim Gorodnenko - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
The machine was built by the students of the ATIDIM after school program for excellence. We focus on Science, Mathematics and English and are exposed to future options in Academic institutes and the High-Tec industry.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Atidim moto: (Hebrew)
תהיה מציאותי. תחלום.
Be realistic. Dream.Why we think we should win:
We put a lot of effort into the making of this machine. In addition, Arad isn’t a very popular city in Israel and people think that Arad is just a place in the middle of the desert.So we would want to prove to them that Arad is a special place with smart people by representing it in the competition.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
1. Sign with a stamp , 2. wear a hatFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine represents a typical situation of a clumsy child in a toy store. The child's mother tells him not to touch anything, but he tries to pick up a piggy bank anyway and accidentally opens up the cash register in the store.
The machine incorporates different steps, which are created by the conversion of several types of energy such as potential energy, kinetic energy, electric energy, etc.
Our Step List
1. A Superman toy is pushed off the shelf.
2. The Superman toy is attached to a wooden block which lies on top of a toy car. The toy car's wheel springs are taut.
3. When the Superman falls down, and a string pulls up the wooden block.
4. The pulled up wooden block allows the car to start moving. In addition, the car is tied to a spinner.
5. When the car moves forward, a spinner starts spinning.
6. The spinner hits a big ball.
7. The big ball pushes a little ball down into a path with the shape of Superman's logo.
8. The ball falls down a tunnel and continues to a road which leads to a toy car that has a pin glued to it.
9. The ball comes in touch with the car.
10. The pin on the car pops a balloon.
11. The balloon holds a rope that prevents a weight from falling. The weight drops after the balloon had popped.
12. The pulls the trigger of a plastic gun.
13. The plastic gun releases a rocket.
14. The released rocket pushes some locks off the table. These locks are attached to a bottle with a ring on top and it is attatched to a stick.
15. When the locks fall ,the bottle falls with the ring .
17. The ring pulls on its way down a little stick.
18. When the stick is moved, a little ball rolls across a book.
19. The ball falls onto a plate with a hole.
20. Then, it carries on to a path which leads it to a stick and a meter. The ball hits the wooden cylinder.
21. The moving of the stick makes the meter wrap itself up and move forward.
22. The meter hits a barrier.
23. The barrier pushes a little toy truck forward.
24. The little toy truck moves a big toy truck forward.
25. The truck drives forward and stops at a ramp that has a little plastic bottle placed on it.
26. The bottle is tied to a weight, and the weight holds a bucket from falling into a box with water inside.
27. The truck pushes off the bottle.
28. The weight goes up but the bucket goes down into the box with the water.
29. The volume of the bucket makes the water level reach its limit and lift up a duck toy onto one side of scales.
30. The placing of a toy duck onto one scale results in the twist in the balance of the scales, that way the ball on the other scale rolls through a spring.
31. The ball hits a barrier.
32. The barrier pushes a switch that activates a motor.
33. The motor starts spinning.
34. A string is tied to a motor. When the motor starts moving it wraps the string around itself.
35. The string pulls a weight that is attached to a wheel.
36. The wheel moves forward.
37. The stick on top hits a ball.
38. The ball rolls through a stunt track and pushes a weight off the table at the end.
39. The falling opens the music box.
40. The dancer inside spins around and pulls the coin inside the piggy bank, with a rope that pulls it inside by a spring that stretches it.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos