Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Liam Yevdayev - invitation signed.
Shay Grisaro - invitation signed.
Gefen Gabay - invitation sent
Dana Avital - invitation sent
Veronika Fridman - invitation sent
Meytar Rachel Klein - invitation sent
Shai Orenshtein - invitation signed.
Noa Yosefov - invitation sent
Eden Zabarski - invitation signed.
Eden Vorero - invitation signed.
Matan Elmishaly - invitation sent
Lilia Litvinov - invitation signed.
Lihie Bitton - invitation signed.
Lavi Buhadana - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
The machine was built by the students of the ATIDIM after school program for excellence. We focus on Science, Mathematics and English and are exposed to future options in Academic institutes and the High-Tec industry.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Atidim moto: (Hebrew)
תהיה מציאותי. תחלום.
Be realistic. Dream.Why we think we should win:
We think we should win because we invested a lot of time in order to build our machine. We worked and thought together how to make what we think in our mind into reality. Each step has a connection to the story our machine tells- encouraging usage of renewable energy. The message of the machine is very valuable and educational and we think that it may open the minds of people about the known topic as renewable energy and environmental pollution.
We are only around 14-15 years old and learned some special things in order to build the steps in our machine like electricity and magnetism, mechanics, usage of a 3d printer to create some special parts and the basics of programming Arduino. Our amazing machine made us understand how fun science and technology are!
Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Prepare a sandwich with cheese.Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine purpose is to call governments to encourage renewable energy to produce electricity.
The machine first stage demonstrates the various electricity needs, like electronics and industry.
The machine's next stage reminds that today coal is mostly used to produce electric energy and it pollutes the environment and very expensive.
The machine's next stage suggests and demonstrates various types of renewable energy like solar energy, piezoelectric roads, wind energy, waterfall energy and even producing energy from waste.
The final stage calls governments around the world to encourage renewable energy for saving our planet and money
Our Step List
1. A person pushes a car.
2. Car travel along a path.
3. The car hits a wooden hammer, the hammer turns over (LEDs turn on).
4. The hammer hits another car.
5. The car travels along the path and the car hits a stick.
6. The stick hits a steel ball.
7. The ball travels along the paths.
8. The ball hits a switch.
9. In response, the switch turns on current.
10. The current flowing through the coil creates a magnetic field.
11. The coil attracts a magnet which pulls up the path.
12. A marble travels down the path.
13. The marble falls to another path.
14. The marble hits a piece of wood.
15. The piece of wood falls into a cup.
16. The cup pulls down a wire which is attached to 3 gears system (printed with a 3d printer).
17. Another cup which is also attached to the last gear goes down.
18. The cup has a magnet which turns on a magnetic switch (the magnetic field of the magnet closes the switch).
19. The current causes a coil to create a magnetic field.
20. The magnetic field repels another car down the path.
21. The car hits a wooden stick.
22. The stick swings around and releases another car (which has elastic energy).
23. The car travels along a path.
24. The car hits a piece of wood.
25. The piece of wood pushes a small steel ball.
26. The steel ball falls onto another path.
27. The steel ball collides a model of a bitcoin cylinder.
28. The bitcoin falls into a piece of fabric.
29. The fabric pulls a string that splits into two strings with a magnet connected to each one.
30. The string disconnects the magnet from the ball on the top of the path (the other magnet releases a rolled piece of fabric with the words "today we use").
31. The ball goes down a path.
32. The ball hits another three balls.
33. The last ball which is a magnet hits a switch.
34. The water pump turns on.
35. The water pump transfer water through a tube to a bowl with a float inside.
36. The bowl fills with water and the float raises up.
37. The float pushes up a path with a ball on it.
38. The ball travels along the path.
39. The ball falls into a tube.
40. The ball falls to another path and then falls to another path.
41. The ball hits a metal cylinder
42. The metal cylinder falls on a plug and pushes the plug into the socket.
43. The lamp turns on and the light got to the solar cell.
44. The solar cell converts light energy into electrical energy.
45. The car's motor rotates and the car drives through a path.
46. The car hits a piece of wood that pushes a ball.
47. The ball falls into a path.
48. The ball hits a car with magnets at the bottom (which causes magnetic switches below the path to close circuits and turn on LEDs while driving through the path).
49. The car stop below the distance sensor which connected to Arduino and the "Arduino" activates the wind turbine.
50. The wind turbine hits a standing piece of Styrofoam and causes it to fall on a light sensor and covers it.
51. The light sensor causes another "Arduino" to rotate another wind turbine which connected to a Styrofoam ball with a rope.
52. The turbine pulls the rope and releases the Styrofoam ball.
53. The Styrofoam ball hits a domino and closes an electrical circuit with a fan.
54. The fan pushes another Styrofoam ball which goes down the path, the process repeats twice.
55. The ball hits a domino and closes another electrical circuit with another fan.
56. The fan pushes a car.
57. The car travels down a track.
58. The car hits a domino which stands for the main switch and disconnects the fans. The domino causes a ring to rotate.
59. The ring falls into a box.
60. The box pulls down a wire.
61. In responding, a wooden board with a water bottle on its tilt.
62. The water spoils into a funnel and flows through a tube into a tin can which is connected to a water turbine.
63. The turbine spins around and pulls a block which blocks a garbage truck with a cylinder with a ball in it.
64. The truck travels down a path.
65. The truck hits a track.
66. The cylinder falls over to the track and falls on a weight scale.
67. The weight-scales is biased up and tilt a connected track.
68. A ball travels down a track and hits a wooden hammer.
69. The wooden hammer hits a cylinder.
70. The cylinder travels down the track and hits another wooden hammer. The process repeats twice
71. The hammer hits another cylinder.
72. The cylinder travels down a track and falls into a tin can
73. The tin can pulls down a wire and pulls up a track with a wheel on it.
74. The wheel travels down a path.
75. The wheel hits a stick and the stick pushes a ball.
76. The ball falls through a cylinder into a cup.
77. The cup turns around and the ball falls into another path.
78. The ball travels down the path and falls into another cup.
79. The cup flip over and the ball falls to another path.
80. The ball travels along the path and hits a spoon which is connected to a balloon of the earth.
81. The balloon spins around and the spoon hits a set of domino.
82. The last domino tile is connected to a thread with a coin and when the domino falls, the thread disconnects the magnet from the coin.
83. The coin falls into a piggy bank!
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos