Apply A BAND-AID®
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
The machine was built by the students of the ATIDIM after school program for excellence. We focus on Science, Mathematics and English and are exposed to future options in Academic institutes and the High-Tec industry.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Atidim moto: (Hebrew)
תהיה מציאותי. תחלום.
Be realistic. Dream.
Why we think we should win:
We are certain that everyone has invested time and thought.
We worked energetically like everyone else, until a week and half before submitting the machine, it was destroyed by several students. This incident, we must admit, broke our spirit a little bit.
However, we've been able to come out of it and become stronger.
We've learned to react to events in a creative way.
We always tried to think creatively, "outside of the box".
We really enjoyed the process and the experience of meaningful learning.
We've become stronger as a group.
We had to use few tools, but we used them very creatively.
In conclusion, there is no doubt that our efforts should be recognized and we truly believe that we deserve to win.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
spill milk into a cup coffee
Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine was built by the students of Makif Darca school in the city of Netivot, Israel. The machine was built by the students of the ATIDIM after school program for excellence in Science and Technology.
ATIDIM is looking to collaborate educationally around the machine contest with other schools around the world!
Contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Step List
1. The fan blows down the cup.
2. The cup moves the pendulum.
3. The pendulum blows down the dominoes.
4. The dominoes fall and pushes the ball.
5. The ball falls and turns on the switch.
6. The switch activates the fan.
7. The fan moves the boat.
8. The boat drops a small ball
9. The small ball pushes the iron ball.
10. The iron ball falls on the peg.
11. The peg releases the rubber band.
12. The rubber band throws the spring into the air.
13. The spring blows away the tape.
14. The tape moves the small ball.
15. The small ball connects the magnets.
16. The magnets tilt to the side and fall on the domino log.
17. The domino moves the pendulum.
18. The pendulum pushes the ball.
19. The ball rolls and turns on the switch of the car.
20. The switch activates the car.
21. The car moves and sticks the bandage on the girl's hand.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos