Apply A BAND-AID®
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
The machine was built by the students of the ATIDIM after school program for excellence. We focus on Science, Mathematics and English and are exposed to future options in Academic institutes and the High-Tec industry.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Atidim moto: (Hebrew)
תהיה מציאותי. תחלום.
Be realistic. Dream.
Why we think we should win:
We think we should win because while making our machine, we went through hard times. From the beginning it was hard to find materials and ideas. Our group went through many fights and after all we learned how to work together. We learned many interesting and important things, we didn't get only knowledge, that may help us in school and especially in physics, but we learned things that we will use in our lives.
Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Knock a nail
Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine was built by the students of Ort Arad school in the city of Arad, Israel. The machine was built by the students of the ATIDIM after school program for excellence in Science and Technology.
ATIDIM is looking to collaborate educationally around the machine contest with other schools around the world!
Contact us - email@example.com
Our Step List
1. The machine starts with a pendulum.
2. The last ball of the pendulum hits a row of dominos.
3. The last domino falls on a ball and the ball rolls in a slide.
4. The ball falls in a cup that was in the air and the ball lowers it.
5. The cup is connected with a string to a shelf which has a car with a needle on it; the string pulls the shelf up and makes a slope.
6. Because of the slope, the car slides.
7. The needle on the car pops a balloon with a ball in it and the car stops.
8. The ball rolls down in a few slopes.
9. The ball falls into a cup that is connected to another cup with a string.
10. The second cup lifts up and hits a shelf.
11. On the shelf, there is a ball which starts rolling.
12. The ball hits another ball and pushes it down an upside turned cup.
13. The ball makes a piece of plastic fall, the moment it falls another shelf falls down.
14. From the shelf falls a ball which is rolling on a slope.
15. The ball hits another ball that continues down the slope.
16. The ball falls in a cup, this cup is connected to a string and the cup falls.
17. The other side of the string goes up and pushes a shelf that has a ball on it.
18. The ball rolls.
19. The ball falls in a cup which is connected to a string.
20. The other side of the string goes up and pushes another shelf.
21. The shelf drops a row of dominoes.
22. The dominoes hit a ball which is rolling to a cup with a hole in it.
23. The ball drops on a nail that activates a car with a spring.
24. The car drives and pastes the band-aid.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos