Put Money in a Piggy Bank
San Bernardino County Rube Goldberg Contest (Middle School Division)
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
August Haston - invitation signed.
Emiliano Gonzalez - invitation signed.
Riley Mandolini - invitation signed.
Annika Holloway - invitation signed.
Robert Parde - invitation signed.
Chase Rammell - invitation signed.
Scott Phillips - invitation signed.
Mikkel Mursick - invitation signed.
Kaiden Ragsdale - invitation signed.
Bryce Barnes - invitation sent
Bryce Barnes - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We are looking at how our school district funds electives and the arts, and we are examining the demise of our middle school's art and band programs.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
I don't think outside the box......I think about what I can do with the box.Why we think we should win:
We're more excited about the opportunity to get together with other students and see all the different ways in which we can accomplish our common goal! Suggestion for next year's challenge:
How to recycle a plastic water bottleFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine is pure junk; as a team we collected items from our school and our neighborhoods in the spirit of a true Rube Goldberg machine. We have based the machine around all the unused musical equipment at our school which is slowly turning into junk due to disuse. We are hoping to raise awareness about music programs fading from public schools!
Our Step List
1. Drop tennis ball into lamp shade
2. Tennis ball hits golf ball down track into corner and follows through
3. Golf ball strikes train pushing it down track
4. Train pushes silver ball
5. Silver ball lands in tennis ball cylinder and falls off track striking cymbal
6. Weighted tennis ball cylinder pulls string
7. String pulls and topples cup of marbles
8. Marbles cascade down board striking styrofoam block
9. Cardboard tube pushes car with string down track
(9.1 Marbles fill teeter-totter cup and
9.2 raise sign)
10. Car pulls violin off backboard
11. Violin smacks the 3-part click-clack
12. Last click-clack pulls string and releases grabber trigger
13. Grabber drops mouthpiece
14. Mouthpiece falls, bounces off floor drum, and removes binder block
15. Binder drops and releases the plastic spool
16. Spool rounds the silver curb and bumps wheel-on-a-stick
17. Wheel strikes shooting spinner
18. Spinner hits orange track, releasing penny
19. Penny falls into bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos