Apply A BAND-AID®
Mineola Middle School
Saturday, March 11, 2017 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
Energy transfersOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
Teamwork is key!Why we think we should win:
All of the materials used in our steps has been reused or recycled. We worked hard to raise the money for our registration fee (our school wouldn't pay for it this year) by selling pizza after school and shoveling snow on snow days in the early morning. Suggestion for next year's challenge:
write a word on a piece of paper or a whiteboard
cut a piece of paper with a scissor
Everyone loves a carnival! The Bear Squad is going to the Briarcliff Carnival for a day of fun. There are lots of rides like a Ferris wheel, a carousel, a see saw and a giant slide. They have carnival games there too, like "test your strength" and "roller bowler". Clowns will be making balloon animals and there are exotic animals like elephants, giraffes, lions, and even a talking robot! Don't forget your tickets! Have fun!
Our Step List
1. A person pushes a button on the robot.
2. The robot introduces us and moves forward, pulling the slinky off the crate.
3. When the slinky goes off the crate it moves a block.
4. When block moves, it allows the skateboard to roll forward.
5. Then the skateboard moves forward and drops the weights.
6. The weights land in the balance and the other side up goes up.
7. When the balance rises up it raises the end of the graduated cylinder.
8. The metal spheres roll out of the graduated cylinder into the tube and fall into the orange bowl.
9. The weight of the orange bowl makes the see saw go down.
10. The other side of the see saw goes up and turns the Ferris wheel.
11. The Ferris wheel turns the carousel.
12. The carousel knocks down four wooden blocks.
13. The blocks hit a piece of wood that flings up, releasing a bowling ball.
14. The bowling ball rolls down the ramp, rolling over the band-aid.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos