Apply A BAND-AID®
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"This [tube] has caused far too much suffering" Nikhil, 22 Feb
Our Step List
1. Flip switch which starts conveyor belt.
2. Flap strikes ball and knocks it off.
3. Ball occludes laser which triggers the light sensor
4. Triggering of light sensor causes motor to turn.
5. Motor turning starts chemical reaction.
6. Balloon is filled by the reaction's gas.
7. Balloon knocks weight off platform.
8. Weight flips switch completing circuit.
9. Completed circuit begins fans turning which pushes boat.
10. Boat taps ball bearing into magnetic field.
11. Gauss rifle fires and completes electrical arc circuit.
12. Electrical arc melts through string.
13. Weight on string falls and compresses air in cuff.
14. Cuff squeezes scissors which cuts thread.
15. Cut thread allows spiked arm to swing.
16. Spiked arm pops balloon.
17. Water from balloon flows into funnel.
18. Flowing water tips scale balance.
19. Balance tips and initiates stamp falling.
20. Stamp falls and applies band aid.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos