Pour A Bowl of Cereal
San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools
Saturday, November 04, 2017 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Emiliano Gonzalez - invitation signed.
Chase Rammel - invitation signed.
August Haston - invitation signed.
Anika Holloway - invitation signed.
Joseph Zamoyta - invitation signed.
Riley Mandolini - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
The 5 different types of simple machines.
Our team , we call the Cheery O's, has set off on a mission to feed our wonderful planet. With a special place in all of our hearts for those suffering of world hunger, we present our project we call Feeding the World. The idea is we go through many steps and challenges to pour cereal into the globe, which represents our world. With the idea of feeding the world, we also designed our project to fit the breakfast theme. For example, our pvc pipe is painted like a straw, and our small pulley at the end of our machine is painted like a doughnut. We also aimed our story towards the usage of natural resources and how we can share and conserve them. We worked hand in hand to create our machine, and now it's ready to share with the world.
Our Step List
1. Roll trolley car back then let it go
2. The can hits the marble
3. The marble knocks a weight into a cup
4. The cup on the pulley triggers the switch
5. The switch turns on a fan
6. The fan blows a roll of tape
7. The tape hits a board
8. Board hits a hot wheels car
9. Car rolls and hits the first ball on the Newton's cradle
10. The Newton's Cradle rolls a ball off a ledge and down the track
11. The golf ball knocks a weight into a cup
12. The cup triggers a pulley system
13. The pulley tips the cereal box and pours the cereal onto the globe
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos