Inflate A Balloon and Pop It!
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
Simple MachinesOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
Success is a choice
~Rick PitinoFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our Step List
1. Drop marble down inclinded plane.
2, 3, & 4. Marble hits and sets off mousetrap (lever-wedge-lever)
5, 6, & 7. Moustrap sets off rat trap (lever-wedge-lever)
8. Rat trap pulls string
9. String pull dowel (wedge)
10. Dowel lets down trap door hinge (wheel and axle)
11. Trap door pulls weight down
12. Weight starts rope through pulley system.
13. Rope pulls on bucket on wheel and axle.
14. Bucket tips and pours water into another bucket.
15. Second bucket lowers onto syringe as weight increases.
16. Syringe plunger sinks, squirting vinegar and lemon juic into tubing (syringe-wedge, tubing-inclined plane)
17. Venegar and lemon juice drips into balloon, causing a chemical reaction that blows up balloon.
18. Balloon blows up and pops on wires surrounding it.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos