Pour A Bowl of Cereal
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign: Engineering Open House 2018
Friday, March 09, 2018 Setup Time:
7:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Bailee Schingel - invitation signed.
Hannah Davis - invitation signed.
Joshua Cooper - invitation signed.
Andie Mathy - invitation signed.
Michael Lemenager - invitation signed.
Rachel Nehls - invitation signed.
Abbey Boudreau - invitation signed.
Jillian Zell - invitation signed.
Lindsey Anderson - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Motion, centripetal force, and Newtons Laws.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"If you aint first your're last"Why we think we should win:
We have put in weeks of hard work and planningSuggestion for next year's challenge:
To find more time outside of school to work
two parallel tables that have a beam linking the two together. Under the able are a group of funnels that guide cereal into the bowl.
Our Step List
1. Newton cradle knocks over dominoes into 3 paths
2. Dominoes strike 3 separate marbles
3. One marble hits another marble
4. That marble travels down a ramp
5. The marble hits a magnet
6. The magnet splits
7. The splitting of the marble causes the cereal to fall out of the bowl
8. The cereal then lands in funnel
9. Cereal goes through the funnel and lands in a bigger bowl
10. The second marble knocked over by the dominoes falls onto a ramp
11. The marble goes down and falls onto another ramp
12. The marble goes down and falls onto another ramp
13. The marble then hits a bowl of cereal
14. The cereal falls into a funnel that falls into a bigger bowl
15. The third domino knocks a marble onto a ramp that falls into a funnel
16. The marble then goes down a ramp that hits dominoes going in two directions
17. In one path the dominoes hit a marble that goes down a ramp
18. The marble hits a small bowl of cereal that goes through a funnel and lands in a bigger bowl
19. In the second path the dominoes hit domino stairs
20. Dominoes fall over and hit a marble
21. That marble then hits a mini bowl of cereal
22. The cereal falls into a funnel and lands in a big bowl
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos