Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Lower Hudson Valley Engineering Expo
Sunday, April 15, 2018 Setup Time:
9:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Sophia Zielinski - invitation signed.
Mariam Abud Chalita - invitation signed.
Lillie Bianco - invitation signed.
Emma Dolgin - invitation signed.
Mia Suarez - invitation signed.
Erin Burns - invitation signed.
Anya Splitgerber - invitation signed.
Ava Mattina - invitation signed.
Chloe Reidy - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
physicsOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
An object at rest stays at rest unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. Why we think we should win:
We are group of girls who applied our knowledge of physics to create many unique and interesting steps that take the viewer on a trip across the globe.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
open a book
Frosty needs to get from the South Pole to his family in the North Pole.
Our Step List
1. Hit the ice block
2. The ice breaks and the weight falls onto the scale
3. The other end of the scale pushes up causing the roller skate to roll down a ramp
4. The roller skate pushes an open water gun so it closes
5. A string attached to the water gun moves forward causing the platform to rotate
6. The arm attached to the platform hits a series of wooden blocks
7. The last wooden block hits one side of a popsicle stick causing it to rise up
8. The rising popsicle stick releases a metal sphere through a see-through water bottle
9. The ball drops into a basket on the ferris wheel causing it to rotate
10. The rotating ferris wheel pulls an attached string causing it to raise a cardboard ramp
11. A car on top of the cardboard ramp moves backwards
12. A string on the car pulls the flap that is keeping the cereal in the box
13. The cereal falls into the hand-made papier-mache bowl
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos