Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Hoffman Estates High School
Saturday, February 24, 2018 Setup Time:
8:30 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Apprentice - Ages 8 - 11 (Elementary School)
Leah Allenspach - invitation signed.
Maribel Avila - invitation signed.
Joshua Bardwell - invitation signed.
Lucy Green - invitation signed.
Luca Intoppa - invitation signed.
Peyton Kittivat - invitation signed.
Chloe Tziforos - invitation signed.
Nicole Shea - invitation signed.
Miles Mantasoot - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We are studying Chinese and Chinese reading and writing, multiplying and dividing fractions, what is on Earth, and countries and states. Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"The science of today is the technology of tomorrow." - Edward TellerWhy we think we should win:
We think we should win because we work hard and are dedicated to our machine. Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Turn on a fan
Turn on the lights
Make water pour or turn on a faucet
The Winter Olympics are an exciting event every two years. We are a group of third and fourth graders who created a Rube Goldberg machine that pours cereal.Our theme is the sporting events of the Winter Olympics, because each step is a sport in the winter Olympics and we are as excited about our Rube Goldberg machine as we are about the Winter Olympics.
Our Step List
1. A person hits a dart with a marble and shoots into the marble run.
2. Marble goes down marble run and hits dominoes.
3. Dominoes hit a car
4. The car goes down a ramp and hits a ruler holding a ball bearing.
5. The ruler moves and hits the cups on the ramp holding a car. causing the ramp to move.
6. The car goes down the ramp and hits a roll of tape.
7. The tape roll moves and hits the cup of cereal in the slinky.
8. The slinky unrolls and cereal pours into the bowl
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos