Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Thais de Leon-Perez
Isabella Delionado - invitation signed.
Eva DeRamon - invitation signed.
Sophia Garcia - invitation signed.
Natalia Gomez - invitation signed.
Eleanor Harrison - invitation signed.
Jacqueline Reed - invitation signed.
Bianca Barreiro - invitation signed.
Finley Moss - invitation signed.
Susy Chu - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We are Freshmen and Sophomores who have taken Introduction to Engineering and are currently in the Intermediate Engineering class this semester at Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart in Miami, Florida.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."
- Henry FordWhy we think we should win:
We have dedicated much of our time to this project; it has allowed us to become more confident in our skills as engineers while learning to work in a team. Believe it or not, Rube Goldberg machines require more than just marbles and tracks. We should win because we were persistent, patient and steadfast when building and testing our Rube Goldberg. Our Rube Goldberg is also very creative and adorable, decorated like the Hundred Acre Wood, taking us back to one of our favorite childhood stories, "The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh".Suggestion for next year's challenge:
For next year's task, a music box would open and start playing music.Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
A door to a magically themed Winnie the Pooh room closes causing “The Adventures of Pooh” book to open. The "Adventures of Pooh" are relived as a series of reactions occur passing through all of Pooh’s friends' homes including Kanga and Roo's house, Owl's house, Eeyore's house, and Rabbit's garden. In the final step, Pooh gives a coin to Piglet.
Our Step List
1. A door closes, opening " The Adventures of Pooh" book.
2. "The Adventures of Pooh" book hits a ruler with Christopher Robin on it.
3. The ruler with Christopher Robin pushes a marble.
4. A marble hits the switch of the power strip which turns on an air pump inside a Heffalump.
5. The air from Heffalump's trunk blows air to push a Hunny Jar (cup).
6. The Hunny Jar pushes a metal wire lever.
7. The lever releases the tennis ball.
8. The tennis ball pushes a popsicle stick with a string.
9. The string pulls a stopper in Kanga and Roo's mailbox that releases marbles.
10. The marbles land in a cup in Kanga and Roo's house.
11. The cup pulls a string on a popsicle stick that releases more marbles.
12. The small marbles hit a big marble.
13. The big marble hits Owl.
14. Owl flies and hits a marble track which pushes another marble.
15. The marble falls in a cloud cup that lifts up Eeyore on a pulley.
16. Eeyore goes up and pushes a base that holds a marble.
17. The marble falls in the funnel through a track.
18. The marble hits a wheelbarrow in Rabbitz Garden.
19. The wheelbarrow hits flower and insect dominoes.
20. The dominoes push down a lever.
21. The lever pushes the car.
22. The car hits Pooh.
23 Pooh tilts back, dropping the coin in a funnel into the 3D printed Piglet piggy bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos