Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Thursday, January 01, 1970 Setup Time:
12:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Cole DAmico - invitation signed.
Mia Hansen - invitation signed.
Noah Walter - invitation signed.
Tino Bradach - invitation signed.
Mitchell Dodd - invitation signed.
Isabel Wright - invitation signed.
Ishita Mannar - invitation signed.
Andrew Suszek - invitation signed.
Elliot Dang - invitation signed.
Liam Meredith - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
All the regular sciencey stuff! Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Hey, where's my phone?!"
"Go to bed Biffle!"Why we think we should win:
Because the Letter P is practically perfect is every way! Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Take a picture and print it, put sunglasses onFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine is a phenomenal performance of objects and actions that start with the positively perfect letter P!
Hey everyone - what starts with the letter P?
P is for Piggy 'cause Piggy saves for me!
P is for Patriot and our Purple Rube machine!
P if for Piggy and the Patriot Rube team!
Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes, the letter P!
Our Step List
1. The Pie Face on a Pedestal hand hits a lever.
2. Lever hits the Puff.
3. The Puff triggers the Popper.
4. The Popper Pulls a string.
5. The string Pulls Pete.
6. Pete hits Paintbrush.
7. Paintbrush hits Pencils.
8. Pencils hit Pinball.
9. Pinball hits Planks.
10. Planks hit Pink ball.
11. Ball hits Popper.
12. Popper flips Popcorn emptying Pebbles
13. Pebbles fall into Pail
14. Pail pulls Piggy Propper
15. Piggy falls into Pail
16. Pail pulls plank.
17. Plank pushes Pool Ball
18. Pool balls push planks in sequence until Pushing Pig Skewer
19. Pig Skewer falls and releases Piggies
20. Piggies fall into blanket and Pop Pinball
21. Pinball falls on clothes Pin.
22. Pin releases string attached to Piggy
23. Piggy swings until 2nd Piggy Swings
24. 2nd Pig swings into Post-its
25. Post its hit Popper
26. Popper pulls string from velcro
27. Panda falls from Pole and Pops Balloon
28. Popped balloon releases Pebbles
29. Pebbles fall into Pot
30. Pot hits Pizza cutter
31. Pizza Cutter hits Popper
32. Popper hits Pizza
33. Pepperoni slice hits pulley plunger
34. Pulleys pull up piggy ramp
35. Piggy pushes Patriot
36. Patriot lever pushes pinball
37. Pinball hits paddle
38. Paddle swings into pinball
39. Pinball lands in pail on a pipe
40. Pail pushes down on "pivoter"
41. Pivoter pushes pipe
42. Pipe lifts platform
43. Pool ball rolls off platform into Plinko and hits Pin
44. Pin falls onto popper
45. Popper pulls pole
46. Pole falls from pit of arm
47. Arm pushes Plastic Penny into Piggy Bank!
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos