Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Black & Veatch
Saturday, March 02, 2019 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Katie Jones - invitation signed.
Jocelyn Schwartzkopf - invitation signed.
Addison Lee - invitation signed.
Elijah Carrell - invitation signed.
Tommy Johnson - invitation signed.
Jada Houston - invitation signed.
Ryan Graham - invitation signed.
Skyler Davis - invitation signed.
Andrew Streit - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Perseverance. Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"My philosophy is if you worry, you only suffer twice." - Newt ScamanderWhy we think we should win:
We should win because we are creating a legacy for our school. Our robotics team is in its first year and majority of our team doesn't even know we exist.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
- Tie a knot.
- Turning on a light switch.
- Fill a cup with liquid.
Our Rube Goldberg theme is a robbery by a pig. The design is made out of household items that you can find anywhere.
Our Step List
1. Pull back Newton’s Cradle
2. Release the ball
3. The ball hits the marble
4. The marble rolls down the Hot Wheels track
5. The marble hits the metal marble
6. The metal marble rolls down a ramp
7. The metal marble drops onto another ramp
8. The metal marble rolls down another ramp
9. The metal marble falls into a container
10. The container vibrates
11. Causing the quarter to fall
12. The quarter falls down the Hot Wheels ramp
13. The quarter falls into the piggybank
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos