Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Engineering Open House
Friday, March 08, 2019 Setup Time:
7:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Olzea Smolinski - invitation signed.
Alexis Perzee - invitation signed.
Maria Munoz - invitation signed.
Gregory Dupuis - invitation signed.
Dominick Panozzo - invitation signed.
Kaleigh Ladehoff - invitation signed.
Anna Hickman - invitation signed.
Jeremiah Norris - invitation sent
Hannah Thompsen - invitation signed.
Madyson Beasley - invitation sent
Kodie Willis - invitation signed.
Caleb Kent - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Law of motion and gravityOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Let's get this bread!"Why we think we should win:
We think we should win because we put a lot of time and creativity into our Rube Goldberg machine. We also have a can do work ethic and we don't give up even when the odds are against us.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Toasting a Pop TartFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Hello ladies and gentlemen! We are the students of CHS and this is our Rube Goldberg. The theme of our Rube is Toy Story.
Andy is at school and the toys have taken over his room. Woody got bored and decided to try to get a coin in Ham from across the room. With Buzz's help, Woody set up a complex path to get the coin in Ham.
He began by kicking a purple milk can which starts a chain reaction getting the coin inside of Ham. Enjoy the show while Andy's not here.
Our Step List
1.Student rolls mass to towards another mass.
This mass is connected to a clear cup through a pulley.
2.The cups tips and pours liquid into a funnel
3. The water slides down a tube and into another cup. This cup is connected to a pulley. On the other sides of the pulley is a book.
4. When the cup falls, the cover of the book rises 5. The cover rises releases a football
6. The football hits a book.
7. This book knocks into several others
8. The final book falls and pulls a mass off of a seesaw
9. A marble rolls down from the other side of the seesaw
10. The ball hits a row of blocks
11. A block falls down a track and goes through a tube
12. The blocks hit a row of dominoes
13. These dominoes hit each other in a row
14. The last domino hits a car
15. The car rolls forward
16. A pin is on the car. This pin hits and pops a balloon
17. The balloon is connected by a string to a pulley. On the other side of the pulley is a mass. When the balloon pops, the mass drops, hitting the top of the scissors
18. The top falls, and the scissors cut a string
19. The string is connected to a car. The car rolls and hits a stack of coins
20. The coins fall into a funnel
21. then into the pig
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos