Pour A Bowl of Cereal
DIVISION I - Genesis: Pathways to Success, Jac-Cen-Del School Corporation
Saturday, March 03, 2018 Setup Time:
7:30 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Allison Ortiz - invitation signed.
Elliot Dang - invitation signed.
Ashlyn Yonchak - invitation signed.
Liam Meredith - invitation signed.
Andrew Suszek - invitation signed.
Mia Cocca - invitation signed.
Abby Prementine - invitation signed.
Nate Dell - invitation signed.
Mia Hansen - invitation signed.
Kierstyn Keeper - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Simple Machines and the Laws of MotionOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Where's Rick" -EveryoneSuggestion for next year's challenge:
Start a radio or Pop a toaster
AW RATS! I’M HUNGRY
Little Elliot came down the stairs one morning after a long, fitful sleep, the sound of mice scuttering along his floor kept him up. Upon walking into his brightly colored kitchen, he decided cereal would be the best way to start his day. To start the process, Elliot sees a spoon and pulls it. The spoon released his lucky 8 ball! This sets off a series of unpredictable events: mousetraps trigger the sun clock to rotate, a banana to shake, pictures to wildly tip, milk to go spilling into a pitcher, cereal to go careening out of boxes, chickens to be frightened into laying eggs, cookbooks to quiver, and mice to scurry from their hiding place! ...But ultimately, Elliot can now eat a big giant bowl of his favorite breakfast cereal.
Our Step List
CCA Patriots Mouse Kitchen Rube Machine Formal Step List:
1. Ball drops onto ramp and hits lever
2. Lever hits mousetrap
3. Mouse trap launches golf ball
4. Ball knocks cup lever down
5. Hand releases spoon
6. Spoon hits mouse trap
7. Mouse trap turns cog
8. Cog drops ball (which rolls through plexiglass and onto ramp)
9. Ball hits larger ball
10. Large ball bearing lands in bucket
11. Bucket pulls cog
12. Cog drops ball onto ramp
13. Ball hits mousetrap
14. Mousetrap moves banana
15. Banana falls from whiteboard
16. Whiteboard pulls spatula
17. Spatula releases ball
18. Ball falls through ramp into bucket
19. Bucket pulls down rope
20. Rope lifts picture frame
21. Ball rolls into cup lifting frame - repeat step 20
22. Ball rolls down ramps into spoon
23. Spoon falls on mouse trap
24. Trap pulls water plug
25. Water pours and weighs down pitcher
26. Pitcher lever lifts off of trebuchet
27. Trebuchet hits ball
28. Ball hits a series of domino boxes
29. Final domino hits hot dog flips
30. Final flip hits wooden spoon
31. Spoon hits trap
32. Trap shakes chicken (cup and ball)
33. Ball falls through counter and hits cup
34. Cup pulls magnet
35. Falling magnet pulls lever
36. Lever releases ball sequence on books
37. Final ball lands in cup on lever
38. Lever falls and releases spatula
39. Spatula hits mouse
40. Mouse hits bowl
41. Bowl hits trap
42. Traps pull lever
43. Ball falls on seesaw lever
44. Lever lifts cereal box and...
45. Cereal pours into bowl!!!
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos