Turn Off A Light
IMAG History & Science Center
Saturday, December 14, 2019 Setup Time:
8:30 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Mason Huffman - invitation signed.
Roni Gumiroff - invitation signed.
Nate Jordan - invitation sent
Brady Befler - invitation signed.
Nate Jordan - invitation signed.
Nate Jordan - invitation sent
Christmas tree lights should not be left on for prolonged periods of time or overnight. Even LED lights can overheat, and with a combination of a dry Christmas tree, could cause a fire. Our family built Rube Goldberg machine to turn off our Christmas lights every time we leave the house or go to bed at night. We can turn our machine remotely with a cell-phone! Have Safe Holidays :)
Our Step List
1. Family member presses ON on the cell-phone.
2. Gate opens and small marble runs down a spiral.
3. Small marble hits large marble.
4. Large marble falls on a robot and robot starts moving.
5. Robots hits the gate.
6. The gate spins and releases marble 1 down the incline plane.
7. This marble hits another gate and this gates releases marble 2.
8. Marble 2 runs down the incline and hits the gate and releases marble 3.
9. Marble 3 runs down the incline and hits the gate and releases marble 4.
10.Marble 4 runs down the incline and hits the gate and releases marble 5.
11.Marble 5 runs down the incline and hits the gate and releases marble 6.
11. Marble 6 runs down the incline and hits the hammer.
12. Hammer falls down and pops the balloon.
13. Book falls down and pulls the bottle.
14. The bottle pulls the string.
15. The string releases the rubber band.
16. The rubber band shoots the marble from the cannon.
17. Marble from the cannon runs through a funnel and hits another marble.
18. Marble runs down the music box and hits the dominoes.
19. Dominoes pull a string.
20. String releases a ball.
21. Ball hits the book.
22. Book falls down and pulls a magnet.
23. Santa spins around a slinky.
24.Santa hits dominoes.
25. Dominoes fall and pull a string.
26. Marble runs down a track.
27. Marble hits the golf ball.
28. Golf ball rolls and pulls the string.
29. String releases cylindrical bottle.
30. Bottle rolls down a track and falls on lever.
31. Lever pulls the gate open.
32. Toy car runs forward and pulls the string.
33. String pulls a bamboo stick.
34. Shoe falls down on the light switch.
35. Lights turn off.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Verbal Presentation. This is your team’s chance to shine and be creative! We want to hear the story your machine tells, and understand how the steps represent the theme and key elements of your narrative. The Machine Introduction should not be a step-by-step explanation of how the steps work. This is where your personality, humor, and team spirit engages the audience and gets them excited to see your machine.
Our Machine Run Videos