Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
Sunday, March 03, 2019 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Apprentice - Ages 8 - 11 (Elementary School)
Elizabeth Collins - invitation signed.
Michaela Nwagwe - invitation signed.
Nathan Athanas - invitation signed.
Vanessa Pendell - invitation signed.
Zack Horn - invitation sent
What we're studying:
Engineering design process, coding/programming, digital citizenship and literacy
Our theme is toys. We used mostly toys from baby toys to toys that tweens enjoy and everything in between.
Our Step List
1. Wheel and axle on remote car used to....
2. Release a string wedge which....
3. Activates a lever which....
4. Hits a ball which rolls down an inclined plane and....
5. Hits a toy which releases a Keva Plank wedge which....
6. Allow cars to roll.....(wheel and axle)
7. Down an inclined plane.
8. Then the cars hit a button on the helicopter (wedge) which....
9. Opens the helicopter door (lever and wedge) (2 simple machines)
10. Which releases a wedged string which then
11. Activates a toy lever that....
12. Sends a ball rolling down an inclined plane.
13. Ball hits books acting as levers which
14. Activates a toy baby carrier (lever)
(Toy lever has color card attached which is sensed by a robot.)
15. Robot runs program. Uses its wheels and axles to transfer energy to a wheelchair which....
16. Pulls out a wedge from a car storing potential energy. Car smashes into blocks which...
17. Releases a wedge....
18. Penny rolls down inclined plane into piggy bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos