Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Eason Sampson - invitation signed.
Cole Stanley - invitation signed.
Royal Hartley - invitation signed.
AJ Bird - invitation signed.
Carrie Pitts - invitation signed.
Paige Phay - invitation sent
What we're studying:
Freshman level physical science
Our machine features a series of dominoes, marbles, mouse traps and toy cars that end with a balloon filled with milk being popped by a dart and a cup of cereal being dumped into the bowl. A spoon tops it off by falling into the bowl when the balloon is popped.
Our Step List
1. Open cabinet door
2. Domino chain
3. Dominoes hit metal
4. Metal falls and sets off mouse trap
5. Domino chain
6. Dominoes hit another mousetrap
7. String attached to mousetrap activates falling beads
8. Beads force domino to fall and set off rat trap
9. Rat trap pulls a string attached to a ruler
10. Ruler being pulled away activates toy car
11. Car hits a yard stick
12. Yard stick pushes a ruler that drops a marble
13. Marble falls into a funnel and hits another marble
14. Marble falls down path and hits dominoes
15. Domino chain
16. Domino hits a magnet that is under a cup
17. Cup falls over, spilling marbles into a bucket
18. Bucket falls and pulls a string that releases a dart
19. Dart pops balloon full of milk into a bowl
20. A spoon that was sitting on the balloon falls into the bowl
21. Cereal is lifted up from the string and dumps into the bowl
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos