Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Anson Lee - invitation signed.
Kody Neldner - invitation signed.
George Hu - invitation signed.
Henry Wei - invitation signed.
Reid Torrey - invitation signed.
Stefan Di Corrado - invitation signed.
Alex Soudmand - invitation sent
Russell Chin - invitation sent
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
- Carl Sagan
Our machine was based around the theme of a child's dream. You can see lots of toys (KNeX, balls, robots, toy cars, army men, etc) around the machine as well as floating smiley faces.
Our Step List
1. Ball is released through portal
2. Ball rolls down ramp and stairs
3. Ball hits cardboard arm
4. Arm knocks marble off ledge
5. Marble falls on cardboard ramp
5b. Marble dislodges a car in cardboard ramp below
5c. Car falls into a cup
5d. Cup pulls on pulley
5e. Pulley pulls up on second cup
5f. Second cup pours milk into bucket
6. Marble and ball both fall into a tube
7. Tube pulls down on pulley
8. Pulley releases box of metal nuts
9. Box of metal nuts pulls out of the way of a ball, which rolls down the track
10. Ball falls down series of ledges, landing on the wheel
11. A small marble (which was holding the wheel in place) is dislodged, allowing the wheel to spin
12. The wheel spins, dropping the ball down onto the track
13. Ball rolls up track, dislodging a marble
14. Marble rolls down track, hits metal cylinder
15. Metal cylinder hits bumper switch
16. Bumper switch activates robot
17. Robot pushes bucket forward, which has a number of pins attached to its rim
18. Bucket pops a balloon
19. Popping balloon causes box of cereal to fall over
20. Bucket (bowl) of cereal is poured!
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos