Apply A BAND-AID®
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
everything!!!Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
It's the age of the geek baby!Why we think we should win:
We believe that we should win, because even though we struggled to get a whole bunch of practices in we still tried our hardest to make a scientific creation. Another reason we believe that we should win is, because we are doing something that we have a passion for, and it would be a once in a lifetime chance to win.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
We would like to be able to hit a target with a dart gun.Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
The machine all begins after a guy tries to cheat by super gluing the bottle's for a carnival game. He burned his arm and now he needs a band aid. It starts when the ambulance moves and turns the wheel making a ball falls hitting a bottle which makes two books fall tilting the last one which hits a metal ball going down a ramp turning on a motor which makes pennies fall out making the pulley knocking down a small ball which makes the lever go up putting the band aid on the guy.
Our Step List
1. the ambulance pulls the string rotating the wheel.
2. wheel spins,releasing the ball.
3. the ball rolls down ramp hitting the book.
4. the book pushes the bottle + the ball falls.
5. ball hits book (domino effect).
6. the last book hits the steel ball and then falls down the ramp.
7. the ball turns a pair of scissors which then turns on the fan.
8. the fan axle turns and wraps the string around it pulling out the card board.
9. marble's come out of the skull going down a ramp
10.marbles hit the sea saw applying the band-aid
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos