Pour A Bowl of Cereal
San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools
Saturday, November 04, 2017 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Alexis Childers - invitation signed.
Gage Craddock - invitation signed.
Irene Robles - invitation signed.
Jessica Pasaribu - invitation signed.
Kennedy Gateley - invitation signed.
Nathaniel Sandoval - invitation signed.
Brandon McIlvain - invitation signed.
Rube Goldberg Machine Description
The base is a four sided project we are only using three sides that is a bookshelf. The theme is someone having a no good, very bad day. We start with dropping two balls from the top. One ball goes to the front and the other goes to the back. The front side has a PVC that goes into a pulley system made out of cups, string, and dials like all of our pulley system. That leads to into a ball run that pours sand that leads to the side. The side is pulley systems made out of bike chains and wheels. That lead to the top then back down. Then the back leads down to a plank of wood where that rolls into pin balls that lead into another pulley system that is a cup and cereal that leads into a PVC pipe that leads into a bowl of cereal. Beside that is a 15 pulley systems .
Our Step List
1.Drop two balls at the top
Front: Story (happening at same time as back)
2.Ball run. 1 transfer
3.Pulley system (goes down and back up.) His day goes BAD then good. 1 transfer
4.Ball hits wall and falls lower. Sisters stop him and make it worse. 1 transfer
5.Pulley system. Ball falls out. Gets a little better. 2 transfers
6.Dominos. Decent. 1 transfer
7.Hits golf ball. 1 transfer
8.Starts pulley system that pours rice. 1 transfer
9. Rice pours into cup which pulls on a string
10. the string opens a gate
11. The gate opens allowing a ball to roll down a ramp.
12. Next, the ball hits a block.
13. The block falls and pulls a string.
14. The string pulls on a cup to make it fall and another ball rolls out down another ramp.
15. This ball hits a mouse trap.
16. The mousetrap goes off and throws a plastic ring up along a string.
17. The plastic ring hits another ball that rolls down a spiral ramp.
18. The ball hits the first in a series of small cereal boxes and causes a chain reaction.
19. The last box falls and hits a toy car.
20. The toy car rolls into a metal bucket.
21. The bucket gets heavy and pulls a string that is on a pulley.
22. The pully lifts up on a ramp.
23. The ramp releases a ball that rolls down into a cup.
24. The cup tips and the ball falls along with a marble.
25. The marble rolls down a funnel into a tube.
26. The ball rolls down the tube and drops into a net made of pipe cleaners.
27. The net drops lower until the ball hits another ball and launches it down a ramp.
28. That ball rolls down and hits the bottom of a cereal box.
29. The force causes the box to tip over and rotate around a bamboo skewer.
20. The cereal drops into a funnel and into a bowl.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos