Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Sunday, March 03, 2019 Setup Time:
9:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Thomas Venarde - invitation signed.
Tanveer Chabba - invitation sent
Andrew Ross - invitation signed.
Matthew Lipton - invitation signed.
Eli Satlof - invitation signed.
Cole Hibbert - invitation sent
Lee Carter - invitation sent
A typical day at the Casino
Our Step List
1. Coins placed in tip jar, tips seesaw which pulls string
2. String triggers mousetrap which tips carton of water which pours into cup of water, tipping a see saw
3. This pulls a string which triggers a mousetrap and knocks over another carton of water
4. This carton empties into a cup on the level below, moving down under the weight of the water and pulling a string.
5. This string triggers a mouse trap back on the top level which tips another carton of water.
6. This carton pours into a beaker with a ball attached to a string. As the water level rises, the ball rises and pulls a string.
7. This triggers a mouse trap
8. Which triggers another type of mouse trap which knocks over a bottle of water.
9. The water goes through a children’s bath toy with a water wheel and into a cup, which moves downwards by the weight of the water.
10. This movement pulls on a string attached to the cup. The string triggers a mouse trap, which knocks a bottle of water off of the edge of the machine.
11. The weight exerted by the falling bottle of water spins a roulette which is attached to the bottle by string.
12. The spinning of the roulette pulls on another string attached to the roulette, which pulls out a barrier blocking a marble in a tube.
13. With the barrier removed, the marble falls into a cup at the end of the tube and pulls the cup down.
14. This cup pulls on a syringe which is preventing a cup from emptying dice into a box.
15. With the syringe removed, the box is weighed down by the released die and falls into a mouse trap, triggering it.
16. This mouse trap elevates one side of a marble run, causing the marbles to move down it through the force of gravity.
17. The marbles go into a cup at the bottom of the run, weighing the cup down and pulling on a chess board on a seesaw.
18. The chess board tilts, pulling up a syringe through the second level and into the top of the third level.
19. With the syringe removed, a weighted board is able to fall.
20. The weight of the board falling removes a syringe which prevents an elevated road from being on a slant.
21. Without the syringe, the elevated road falls into a slanted position, a car rolling down it.
22. The road and the care knock down a deck of cards, which pulls on a string.
23. The string releases a hinge and allows a coin to enter the piggy bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos