Turn Off A Light
Rialto High School MESAWorld
Saturday, February 08, 2020 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Veronica Mendoza - invitation signed.
Mariajose Martinez - invitation signed.
Daniel Durazo - invitation sent
Isabel Peredia - invitation opened.
Marco Alvarado - invitation sent
Maurisa Cumi - invitation signed.
Mariah Roman - invitation sent
Kaleigh Alcocer - invitation signed.
Fernanda Pena - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Forces and Motion
A machine that works using the forces of gravity and motion to move a simple marble to turn on a light.
Our Step List
1. A string is pulled releasing the marble.
2. The marble rolls down an inclined plane.
3. The marble falls onto another inclined plane and switched directions.
4. It hits another marble so now two marbles are rolling into a tube that swings outside and back into the box.
5. The tube ends in the box and the two marbles hit a piece of wood.
6. The piece of wood in connected to a bucket so when the marbles hit the piece of wood the bucket comes down and the marble inside the bucket falls into a box of a pivot.
7. The pivot rotates the marble in the box to a platform on the other side of the box.
8. The little box knocks down a piece of wood.
9. The piece of wood then hits another marble to start rolling on a inclined plane to the hole leading to the second box.
10. The marble lands into a bucket on a pulley.
12. The marble in the bucket pulls a piece of wood that releases a toy car.
13. The toy car goes down an inclined plane and lands on another inclined plane.
14. The toy car then lands on a lever that pushes a marble onto a series of inclined planes and leads the car into a cup that is part of a pulley and a piece of wood..
15. When the toy car lands in the cup, the cup will pull a piece of wood releasing the marble from before to roll into a tube.
16. The marble rolls into the tube and into the hole for the final and third box.
17. The marble enter the third and final box and rolls on an inclined plane.
18. The marble falls into tubing that leads to a funnel.
19. The marble falls through the a hole in the funnel and lands in a box attached to a toy car.
20. The toy car rides through a bigger tube and hits the seesaw.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Verbal Presentation. This is your team’s chance to shine and be creative! We want to hear the story your machine tells, and understand how the steps represent the theme and key elements of your narrative. The Machine Introduction should not be a step-by-step explanation of how the steps work. This is where your personality, humor, and team spirit engages the audience and gets them excited to see your machine.
Our Machine Run Videos