Apply A BAND-AID®
Sunday, March 12, 2017 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
EngineeringOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
Close enough for government work.Why we think we should win:
Freshmen rule.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Take a selfie
Our Step List
Funky Freshmen Steps for Apply a Band-Aid
Rube Goldberg Machine
1. Skeleton drinks “bad” liquid, which leaks down into a cup.
2. Cup pulls on mousetrap
3. Mousetrap pulls string on clip holding ramp.
4. Ramp tips over releasing ball.
5. Ball rolls down ramp into Ambulance
6. Ambulance activates mousetrap.
7. Mousetrap opens book.
8. Book knocks over bottle of wipes.
9. Wipes bottle knocks Clock off wall.
10. Clock pulls IV Bag up
11. IV bag leaks into bottle
12. Bottle flicks switch on the motor for elevator
13. Elevator rises and knocks over bottle
14. Bottle pulls string on mousetrap
15. Mousetrap moves foam finger.
16. Foam finger knocks over book.
17. Book pushes syringe (and turns off elevator)
18. Fluid from syringe opens book.
19. Book triggers spindle
20. Spindle rolls into mousetrap
21. Mousetrap pulls syringe with needle
22. Needle pops Glove
23. Popped glove releases ramp.
24. Car rolls down ramp and knocks into series of Band Aid boxes.
25. Band-Aid box triggers mousetrap
26. Mousetrap knocks over test tube rack.
27. Test-tube rack pulls string to release marbles from test tubes.
28. Marbles fall through series of funnels into beaker.
29. Beaker pulls string to turn on can opener with hand.
30. Hand activates Purcell dispenser
31. Purell dispenser pulls string on mousetrap.
32. Mousetrap tips over Pepto Bismol bottle (and also turns off can opener)
33. Liquid in bottle runs down tube into bottle, into “intestines” and into beaker.
34. Beaker pulls string releasing Band-Aid.
35. Band-Aid sticks to person’s face.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos