Open An Umbrella
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
physicsOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
we should work hard. but quietlyWhy we think we should win:
we think we should win because we worked really hard and put alot of effort in this project.
Suggestion for next year's challenge:
blow a candel.
water a plantFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our Step List
1. moving pandulum with hand.
2. pandulum hits a stick.
3. stick pulls out an atidim sign and a weight.
4. weight shakes a string and a wheel starts discanding in a trek.
5. wheel hits a wooden railway and sends a cart down road.
6. cart hits a weight laid on a platforme.
7. weight falls and the platform release another weight attached trough a pulley.
8. weight falls on a lever.
9. lever hits a coat-hanger.
10.hanger falls and pull a string.
11. string tips over a popcorn bucket.
12. from bucket falls popcorn and a weight.
13. weight pull string that releases knot who opens a sign.
14. sign creats wind that blows over a penguin domino.
15. domino operate a robot by sensor.
16. robot drive and pushes a sign, the sign opens up.
17. weight inside the sign pulls during fall a cartboard barrier.
18. barrier releases marbels .
19. marbels decline through a nail maze into a tube.
20. marbels hit a lightswitch.
21. lightswitch operates a lightbulb.
22. lightbulb operates a solar fan.
23. fan pulls a barrier and releases a car.
24. car declining and hits a cone.
25. cone rotate and hits a bottle.
26. bottle falls and pulls a box up through a pulley.
27. box hits a stick with weights on him.
28. weights pull two strings.
29. first string releases a pendulum.
30. second string releases marbels.
31. marbels go through a bottle maze and hit a mouse trap.
32. mouse trap shuts and pull a string attached to "cobra sticks".
33. "cobra sticks" pushes a weight down.
34. weight releases sugar through a tube to scale.
35. scale tips over and pull string.
3. string pull weight .
38. weight opens the umbrella.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos