Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Online Apprentice - Ages 8 - 11 (Elementary School)
Qianqing Wang - invitation signed.
Muxin Zheng - invitation signed.
Yibo Chen - invitation signed.
Yuan Zhou - invitation signed.
Chongyun Zhu - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We are G2 students from ECNU Affiliated Bilingual School from Shanghai, China. We have Chinese, English, Math, Science and many other classes.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
0.9 ^ 25 = 0.07Why we think we should win:
* This is our first time join the RGM contest. We worked as a group, and never gave up.
* The machine has fast and slow components, the changing speed brings more fun.
* We succeeded for the 6th and the 11th run. The success ratio is high.
* We are from China and have learn English only for two years. The walk-through is difficult for us, but we still made it.
Suggestion for next year's challenge:
* open the curtain
* draw a picture
* blow a bubbleFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
We are GO UFO team -- a team with 5 Neotropical parrots. We are preparing breakfast for our alien friends from the UFO.
The machine is a little bit messy, but it works well. It has 25 steps, pours the cereal at step No. 11, and then adds the milk at step No. 25.
Our Step List
1. We press the button, the car runs fast along the track.
2. The car hits the bottle, the ball falls down.
3. The ball spins around the bottle and then hits the cup tower.
4. The block falls down as the tower falls.
5. There is a string connected the block and the necklace. The block pulls the necklace to fall, too.
6. It removes the obstacle and the ball rolls along the inclined plane.
7. The ball hits the domino.
8. The domino hits the lever and it becomes an inclined plane.
9. The ball rolls along the inclined plane.
10. The ball hit the tennis ball.
11. The tennis ball pulls the wheel, and pours the cereal.
12. The tennis ball also pulls the clip off, which holds the wheel by a string.
13. The wheel rolls along the inclined plane.
14. The wheel hits the photo frame.
15. The pin on the frame pricks the balloon.
16. The balloon explodes and releases the string which is connected to a car.
17. The car runs down along the track and hits the ball.
18. The ball runs down along the track to the end and pushes the track down.
19. The track pulls the left side of the lever down and the car runs to the left.
20. The car pulls the card out.
21. The ball rolls alone the inclined plane.
22. The ball hits the other ball.
23. The ball falls down, and makes the other side of the lever raise up.
24. The lever pulls the stick out.
25. The board falls down, and pours the milk on the plate.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos