Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Online Apprentice - Ages 8 - 11 (Elementary School)
Qianqing Wang - invitation signed.
Yibo Chen - invitation signed.
Yuan Zhou - invitation signed.
Chongyun Zhu - invitation signed.
Muxin Zheng - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
plane, lever, pulley, wheel & axis
gravity, friction, buoyancy, electric circuit
design, test and debug, team workOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
Let's figure it out.Why we think we should win:
We made lots of creative components.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
divide a cake into small piecesFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
We love this year's task, because 2019 is the pig's year in China. The pig looks like the God of Wealth, and we feed him with Chinese ancient coins.
Our Step List
1. pour water into the bottle
2. the ball raise up the lever
3. the marble runs down through the plane with Chinese character FU, which means "lucky"
4. the marble falls into the spoon, and the handle raise up
5. the handle pulls the string, makes the domino fall
6. there is a stick under the domino, so the pink one falls this way, and the orange one falls the other way
7. the domino falls and pulls the necklace fall
8. the necklace pulls the block fall
9. the block pulls another block fall
10. the string connected with the heavy block turns the switch on
11. the motor spins and the wheel pushes the golden brick this way
12. the golden block push the bell fall
13. the bell hits the marble
14. the marble spin around and hit the plastic case
15. the case fall and pulls the block away
16. the ball runs through the rail
17. the ball hits the lantern
18. the stick on the lantern hits the domino
19. the domino falls and hit the ball
20. the ball falls and pulls the string on the pulley
21. the string pulls the lever up, and the otherside of the lever hits the tape
22. the stick sticks on the tape and goes ahead with the tape
23. the stick hits the domino made by golden bricks
24. the domino falls and pulls the block away
25. the lever falls and the ball runs through the rail
26. the ball hits the bell, and the bell falls
27. the string connected with the ball turns the switch on
28. the motor starts to spin and the string twines around
29. the string raise the basket up and the ball falls out
30. the ball runs throuh the rail
31. the ball hits the other ball here
32. the ball pulls the string, which connected to this side of the lever
33. the other side of the lever raises up, and remove the obstacle of the coin. this is an acient Chinese coin, that has a hole in the middle
34. the coin runs through the smooth rail, and falls into the pig bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos