Apply A BAND-AID®
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
What we're studying:
PhysicsOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
Necessity is the mother of invention.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Throwing a football
Printing out a paper
Pin a tail on a donkeyFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
The Machine that the Hagle team created, used recycled items around Harvest. The Machine is called the Guam Bomb because when something is trash like a car, people on Guam call it a Guam Bomb. The trash and recycled items used in this project refer to the term Guam Bomb.
Our Step List
1. The golf ball is released by a person at the top of the machine and it rolls down a hill to hit a tennis ball.
2. The tennis ball drops and rolls to hit Jenga blocks
3. The Jenga blocks fall down like dominoes and hit a larger piece of wood to activate a small seesaw with a red bouncy ball on it.
4. The larger piece of wood falls and pulls the small seesaw forward.
5. When the red seesaw is pulled forward, the red bouncy ball rolls into a 1 gallon water bottle funnel like tube.
6. The red bouncy ball enters the water bottle funnel in a circular motion and enters the the bottom of the funnel
7. The red bouncy ball hits the yellow car and transfers energy to the car to make it move.
8. The toy car starts to move and goes down an inclined plane, entering a tennis ball tube like tunnel.
9. The car hits the Jenga blocks and the Jenga blocks start falling down like dominoes.
10. The Jenga blocks hit a golf ball and makes the golf ball roll into a container that acts like a pulley when the golf ball enters it.
11. The container drops down activating a can that slides down a wire.
12. The can slides to the end of the wire and hits a golf ball resting on two nails.
13. The golf ball rolls into the water bottle.
14. The water bottle removes a jenga block activating a charged up car.
15. The car hits the log and the log hits the dominoes of jenga blocks.
16. The last jenga block removes the nail to move the tennis ball.
17. The tennis ball rolls down the track.
18. Then tennis ball hits the tape and the tape rolls to the piece of wood.
19. The tape rolls and the piece of wood with a band-aid attached falls.
20. The piece of wood drops on a person's arm and the band-aid is applied.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos