Erase A Chalkboard
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
How to use simple machinesOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Creativity is putting your imagination to work, and it\'s produced the most extraordinary results in human culture.\"
Ken RobinsonWhy we think we should win:
We should win because we came together as a team and combined our creativity to build a machine that we are proud to call our own.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Place an object in a drawer and close it.
Our Step List
1) Student pulls back slingshot.
2) Student releases slingshot.
3) Slingshot hits baseball #1 and baseball rolls down music stand.
4) Baseball #1 hits blue ball.
5) Blue ball falls on lever.
6) Lever hits clipboard.
7) Baseball #2 falls off clipboard.
8) Baseball #2 rolls down ramp.
9) Baseball #2 hits gluestick box
10) Gluestick box falls
11) Box pulls up pulley string.
12) String pulls up eraser erasing the board.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos