Pour A Bowl of Cereal
San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools
Saturday, November 04, 2017 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Breonna Navarro - invitation signed.
Matthew Locke - invitation signed.
Michael Cho - invitation signed.
Isabelle LaPolla - invitation signed.
Haylee Withee - invitation signed.
Joshua Norgaard - invitation signed.
Abby Nelson - invitation signed.
osiel garcia - invitation signed.
Amber Allam - invitation signed.
Ian Edwards - invitation signed.
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Being beaten and being defeated are not the same; there will always be someone who can beat you no matter how hard you try, but you're not defeated until you quit trying.
A child afraid to get out of bed because of the monster hiding underneath, creates an incredible contraption to pour a bowl of cereal.
Our Step List
1. 1. Button is pressed, releasing punching glove
2. Punching glove hits marble
3. Marble goes through accelerator, shooting it up a tube
4. Marble hits a small wall which is knocked over
5. The knocked over wall triggers a mouse trap
6. The triggered mousetrap pulls a string which yanks a stick
7. Said stick then releases a boot from suspension
8. The swinging of the boot on an axis starts a domino chain
9. The last domino falling pulls a string on a pulley which raises a Lego man
10. The rising Lego man releases a Hot Wheels car below
11. The Hot Wheels car rolling forward release a golf ball
12. The golf ball falls onto a Tinker Toy arm which swings about an axis
13. The swinging of the arm pulls a ruler from a slot
14. The displacement of the ruler releases a golf ball
15. The golf ball rolls into a Hot Wheels car which rolls down a track
16. At the end of the track it hits a marble into a tube
17. After rolling through tube and off a track the marble hits a domino
18. The following dominos eventually set off a mouse trap
19. The mousetrap falling off of its shelf also pulls a bookmark on the shelf below
20. The displacement of the bookmark releases a Bat Mobile
21. The Bat Mobile then rolls into another set of dominos
22. The last domino falls into a mouse trap
23. The triggered mousetrap pulls a popsicle stick
24. The displacement of the popsicle stick release a golf ball
25. The golf ball falls into a wheel of cups which spins clockwise
26. The spinning of the wheel pulls a string and subsequently lifts a lever
27. The lever rising knocks over a Lego piece
28. The Lego piece falls into a set of dominos
29. The last of the domino set falls into a mousetrap
30. The triggered mousetrap pulls a string which pulls a popsicle stick
31. The popsicle stick moving releases a marble which rolls down a track
32. At the end of the track the marble sets off a mousetrap
33. The triggered mousetrap pulls a string which yanks a wedge
34. Marbles are released and arrive upon a lever
35. The lever is pushed down which pushes a second lever up
36. The flipped lever has a marble which roll upon its surface
37. The rolling marble hits a block
38. Said block then hits a rattrap
39. The triggered rat trap pulls a dowel from under a ramp
40. The ramp then tips and a truck rolls down its surface
41. The downward rolling of the truck lifts an elevator
42. The rising elevator releases a marble
43. The marble then rolls down an inclined plane onto a track and finally into dominos
44. The falling dominoes eventually tip over a small mallet
45. The falling mallet allows a ball to roll down a track
46. The rolling ball knocks over a tower of blocks
47. The falling blocks then trigger a rattrap
48. Said rattrap then pulls a wedge from its position which release a slinky
49. The contracting slinky displaces an upright Tinker Toy
50. The movement of the Tinker Toy allows a boot to fall
51. The falling boot pulls a dinosaur off of the bed
52. The falling of the dinosaur allows a ramp to pivot downward
53. Golf balls then roll off of said ramp
54. The falling golf balls pull a gear
55. The winding gear release a wedge from under the tilted cereal box
56. The cereal box is then allowed to tip completely, pouring the cereal
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos