Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Sunday, March 03, 2019 Setup Time:
9:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Derek Chen - invitation signed.
Nicholas Lee - invitation sent
Thomas Cusack - invitation signed.
Alison Park - invitation sent
Jonathan Leung - invitation signed.
Prerit Chaudhary - invitation sent
Jonathan Lee - invitation signed.
Timothy Lai - invitation signed.
Evan Fu - invitation signed.
Jeff Chen - invitation signed.
Nicole Chen - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Physics, biology, chemistry, earth scienceOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
Here for a good time not a long timeWhy we think we should win:
We're the bestSuggestion for next year's challenge:
turn on a computerFavorite Rube Goldberg video:
being the broke high school students that we are, we decide to take out an involuntary loan from a bank to fill a piggy bank. our level of success is questionable like our morals
Our Step List
1. Ball rolls down a ramp
2. the pulley is lowered by ball
3. a block is pulled by the string attached to a pulley, releasing a tennis ball
4. a ball rolls out of pulley and hits the car
5. pulley releases ball
6. the ball hits dominoes.
7. dominoes hit the lever with a ball on the top and drops the ball
8. ball enters seesaw
9. seesaw pulls soldiers
10. toy soldiers pull on another in a chain reaction
11. soldiers pull block to release the car
12. car hits the ball
13. ball pulls the string and the cap off of the base
14. pennies hit the base and enter m&m
15. Jenga blocks go to water
16. transfer to seesaw
17. lift slack, releasing the car
18. hit cup (water)
20. pulls rope
21. release ball
22. pulls hammer
23. hits leg
24. coins released into 'bank'
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos