Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Chicago Children's Museum
Friday, March 16, 2018 Setup Time:
9:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Jacob Truhlar - invitation signed.
Alexis Hoxie - invitation signed.
Hayden Joyce - invitation signed.
Ariana Ramos - invitation signed.
Bryan Kindelspire - invitation signed.
Joshua Lane - invitation signed.
Kaelan Minett - invitation signed.
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken"
Our theme is waking up. Our machine is attached to two pieces of wood painted with a sun and dark sky as though the sun is just rising.The wood panes are held up with PVC pipes.
Our Step List
1. Pull the lever.
2. Level hits A piece of PVC pipe
3. A piece of PVC pipe hits a swinging tube.
4. Tube hits a ball which goes down a pipe.
5. The ball then hits a batman alarm clock.
6. Batman is attached to a string which when he falls gets pulled which makes a piece of wood rise.
7. The wood releases a ball.
8. The ball bounces back and forth against wood before going into a pipe.
9. The ball then goes into a can.
10. Using a pulley system a cup rises.
11. The cup hits a car.
12. The car goes forward running into a wooden swinging axe.
13. The axe swings and hits Play-doh causing it to fall.
14. The play-doh hits a tennis ball.
15. The ball then falls onto the front of the cereal box.
16. The box tips forward pouring the cereal into a bowl.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos