Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Hoffman Estates High School
Saturday, February 23, 2019 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Dominic Gery - invitation signed.
Jose Guzman - invitation signed.
Klayton Davis - invitation signed.
Jose Guzman - invitation sent
jaron heinerich - invitation sent
Rory Maucione - invitation signed.
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"This did not work" or "rip"
Hello and welcome to the Homestead High School Rube Goldberg Entry Page. We are super excited to compete in this years challenge! Our machine is modeled in the form of a City. The art design, background and steps are made to look like a Bank Robbery, a car chase, a court hearing and jail break out. Including planning, designing and building it took our team around four months to make our machine.
Our Step List
1.A Robber (person) inserts a credit card through a slot which hits a car.
2.Car goes down a ramp and hits a gold wall with another wall connected (turntable).
3.Turntable hits a plank on a rotating surface which tips a mighty bean (robber)
4.Mighty bean goes down ramp setting off a mouse trap
5.Mouse trap pulls a small wood piece wedged into the vault
6.This releases a rotating board which drops money bags onto a lever
7.Lever lifts up ball releasing it down a plinko board
8.Ball rolls to the end and pushes a small piece of metal onto another piece of metal
9.This metal completes a circuit and starts a motor.
10.This motor turns a swinging arm which hits a car
11.Car goes down a ramp and turns on a limit switch
12. The limit switch starts a motor which turns on a chain (road)
13. Chain lifts up two cars to the top and puts them in a cup
14. This cup pulley pulls off pin in a dowel rod.
15. This releases a winded up tetherball
16. The tetherball hits a tree knocking it over
17. A ball falls out and hits another smaller ball
18. This ball hits a lever system which hits an even smaller ball
19. This ball then hits the smallest ball
20. This ball goes down a ramp and lands in a cup
21. The weight of the cup carries it down and the lever attached
22. The lever releases a car down a ramp
23. This car hits a fire hydrant
24. The fire hydrant is attached to a wire in the courthouse releasing a ball from the ceiling
25. This hits a wooden plank lever which tips over a court bench
26. The bench hits a mouse trap
27. The mouse trap pulls a plug out of the wall
28. This drops a chandelier
29. The chandelier shifts a wire and releases a judge's gavel
30. The gavel hits balls which hits them down a very steep ramp
31. Balls hit a lever
32. This lever hits another lever (elevator)
33. This lever hits a golf ball down a ramp
34. This ball hits another lever
35. This lever pulls off a piece of tape on the zipline
36. A gondola holds the coin and goes down the zipline
37. This gondola hits a wall and drops the coin into the bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos