Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Hoffman Estates High School
Saturday, February 24, 2018 Setup Time:
8:30 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Apprentice - Ages 8 - 11 (Elementary School)
Andrew Shadel - invitation signed.
Akhil Mallajosyula - invitation signed.
Sarah Scanlan - invitation signed.
Kolin Little - invitation signed.
Landon Descourouez - invitation signed.
Brooklyn Snow - invitation signed.
Kaede Urabe - invitation signed.
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
A delayed project is eventually good, but a rushed project is forever bad.
The machine makes the greatest bowl of cereal in the universe. a king wanted to find the best bowl of cereal but everybody that tried to make it perfect failed because of human error so he entrusted the best engineers and scientists to build a machine that pours the perfect bowl of cereal. It harnesses the power of dominoes, golf balls, marbles, pulleys and more to make the perfect bowl of cereal.
Our Step List
1. Turn light on and moves solar rover
2. Solar rover pulls box of cereal out of way
3. Tennis Ball rolls and hits ruler
4. Ruler hits dominos
5. Dominos hit each other
6. Dominos fall into the cup
7. Cup moves down and makes golf ball moves metal ball
8. Metal marble moves along track and hits marble
9. Marble goes down tube and hits car
10. Car hits golf ball
11. Golf ball falls and roles to hit ruler
12. Ruler flips over and pours cereal into bowl
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos