Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Miranda Stockton - invitation signed.
Ryan Auffant - invitation signed.
Jordyn Harrynarine - invitation signed.
Meagan Diaz - invitation signed.
Gavin Moore - invitation signed.
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Science is a way of thinking much more than a body of knowledge."- Carl Sagan
Using spare resources we have created the ultimate cereal pouring machine. With spit, git, and lots of duct tape (we mean a lot!!!) we were able to get the cereal into the bowl. We think our team did a great job since we had no budget and we were very creative with what we had. We worked many late nights, until 6 pm, and during lunch to try to get our machine to work.
Our Step List
1. We cut the string that is holding the the bag of marbles
2. Bag of marbles hit into the blocks.
3. Blocks act as levers to hit the car
4. Car goes down the ramp hits the string releasing the weight
5. Weight drops on the spoon
6. Spoon pivots and pops the balloon
7. Balloon pops and releases the marbles
8. Marbles go down the ramp
9. Bucket fills with marbles and goes down.
10. Pour the cereal
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos