Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Lower Hudson Valley Engineering Expo
Sunday, April 15, 2018 Setup Time:
9:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Shawn Jimerson - invitation signed.
Kennedy Aspinall-Morgan - invitation signed.
Tarique Cummings - invitation signed.
Majaci\'d Alexander - invitation signed.
sharnike walker - invitation signed.
Yeymily Conde - invitation signed.
Kevin Espana - invitation signed.
Rosy Ceropin - invitation signed.
Isabelle Paul - invitation signed.
Kyle Moran - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Design Process, Programming, Teamwork Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Once a devil, always a devil."
The machine consists of three different times of day: Morning, Afternoon, and Night. Throughout the day, we go through an interesting adventure leading us our final component: having a good ol' bowl of cereal.
Our Step List
1) Start Button - Activates shower head motor.
2) The Swing - Pushes motor into the pipeline.
3) Pancake Flip - Activated by a pulley and flips the pancake.
4) CAUGHT IN A TRAP! - Once activated, it releases the wheel.
5) Steering Wheel - The wheel fall through a track.
6) LUNCH TIME! - The fork is pulled and activates the car.
7) OPEN THE DOOR! - The door handle is open and activates the car.
8) NASCAR! - The car moves down the ramp.
9) MARBLES ON THE RUN! - Marbles races down the drain into a cup (pulley).
10) KNOCKOUT! - The pulley releases the door hinge.
11) Hot Wheels! - The knockout activates the hot wheels launcher to launch the car.
12) TENNIS! - The Hot Wheels car gets into an accident with the tennis ball which activates seesaw.
13) The Playground! - On the playground the Seesaw hits another ball onto a ramp.
14) The ball hits another seesaw which hits the dominoes.
15) The dominoes activates the roller coaster.
16) Slide - The marbles comes out of the roller coaster onto another pulley.
17) Wheelbarrow - The Slide activates the wheel to fall down the ramp.
18) CONTACT! - The wheel hits and electrical contact which turns the speaker on.
19) Speaker - Once the contact is made the speaker bumps and pushes a marbles into a funnel.
20) CONTACT! - The marbles land on a metal track which activates a motor.
21) Motor - The motor spins which activates the arm.
22) Arm - The arm is released which activates the hammer.
23) HAMMER TIME! - The hammer is released and hits the hippo.
24) HUNGRY HIPPO! The hippo pops the balloon inside the box.
25) Snap Crackle Pop Rice Krispies! - The balloon is popped and the cereal falls into bowl!
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos