Inflate A Balloon and Pop It!
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Kim, Sin Young
What we're studying:
MathOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge.Why we think we should win:
We did our best!Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Ring the bell!Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Welcome to K-Machine!
K-Machine means Korea Machine, which is made by Korea students
Our Step List
1. A man plays a game of “rock, paper and scissors” wearing a glove which catches the hand movement with a robot. Winner is displayed on a dashboard and in case he wins the game, LED lamp turns on.
2. Power is supplied to motor and Propeller spins to generate wind force.
3. Wind force pushes domino, which are placed to fall over upward along the stairway.
4. As the last domino pushes marble on the top, the marble rolls downward along the rail.
5. As the marble pushes the bottle in the water tank, water in the bottle pours into the tank. And buoy floating on the water is lifted to turn on the switch.
6. As the switch turns on, simple machine which includes cam device rotates to push the spring button of the jumping device.
7. Marble in the jumping device bounce into marble run.
8. Marble slides down along the marble run.
9. Marble rolls into elevator and is lifted up via elevator.
10. Lifted marble falls down into marble run and slide down.
11. Marble pushes domino to fall down.
12. Last domino with a weight falls down and a string bound to domino lifts up balloon.
13.It mixes soda water in the bottle with malic acid in the ballon.
Gas is produced to inflate ballon.
Inflated balloon is pierced by a needle fixed on a device.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos