Put Money in a Piggy Bank
San Bernardino County Rube Goldberg Contest (High School Division)
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Alexander Rodriguez - invitation signed.
Lauren Lee - invitation signed.
Jana Lee - invitation signed.
Nour Rajha - invitation signed.
Kelsey Adikari - invitation signed.
Lily Nguyen - invitation signed.
Patrick Sanqui - invitation signed.
Dorothy Alvarado - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
We are a variety of students taking different science classes ranging from biology to anatomy to chemistry. Most of us do not plan on taking physics but do enjoy creating Rube Goldberg machines and challenging ourselves to use our imagination in something so unnecessarily complicated just for the fun of it.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Science never solves a problem without creating 10 more" -George Bernard ShawWhy we think we should win:
We have tried our best in creating the machine that we have now. We put in so much effort and use every bit of free time we have (which was not a lot) to get a running machine. We should win because of our effort, creativity, and teamwork to make our Rube Goldberg machine.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Our suggestion for next year's task is to open a ziplock bag.Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Our machine is a whimsical circus with lots of twists and turns. It goes from a pinwheel, to a catapult, to a zip line, to a hall of mirrors and much more!
Our Step List
1. Pinwheel turns and drops a ball
2. Ball goes down a paper plate slide and hits another ball at the bottom of the slide
3. The second ball falls on a button of car launcher.
4. Car launcher pushes the car to make it go .
5. Car knocks down a heavy weight
6. Heavy weight pulls on pin holding the catapult down.
7. Catapult sets off, launching a ball in the air.
8.Ball from catapult hits a swinging door
9.Swinging door pushes a bucket down a roller coaster
10. Bucket hits marbles making them go
11. The the marbles a foil boat on wheels making it move.
12. Foil boat hits a heavy weight, making it fall.
14. Weight being attached to the string, works as a pulley and moves another weight up.
15. Weight releases pressure on wind up shoes, making them walk.
16. Wind up shoes pull on paper blocker.
17. Paper blocker allows a marble to go down a track.
18. Marble hits a fidget spinner, making it turn.
19.Turning fidget spinner drops another marble.
20. Marble hits a magnetic sphere, making it move.
21. Magnetic sphere releases its pull from another magnetic sphere.
22. Second magnetic sphere goes down a hall of mirrors and goes down a tube, and hits dominoes.
23. Foil covered domino falls completing the Ferris wheel circuit
24. Ferris wheel turns, dropping a penguin.
25. Stuffed penguin falls on mousetrap.
26. Mousetrap snaps shut and pulls plastic holding change up via string.
27. Change falls into the piggy bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos