Pour A Bowl of Cereal
DIVISION I - Genesis: Pathways to Success, Jac-Cen-Del School Corporation
Saturday, March 03, 2018 Setup Time:
7:30 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
Kasin Hughes - invitation signed.
Landin Hughes - invitation signed.
Lydia Powers - invitation signed.
Ben Garnett - invitation signed.
DJ Brook - invitation signed.
David Tucker II - invitation signed.
David Tucker II - invitation sent
Brayden Simon II - invitation sent
Our machine is to represent the past 30 years of Rube Goldberg by incorporating steps from previous years' tasks.
Our Step List
1. Pull nail
2. ball swings hitting cup
3. Cup falls, releasing the ball
4. Ball sharpens pencil
5. ball causes lid to fall onto the Ball jar
6. hammer falls
7. toaster handle goes down to toast bread
8. weights fall, opening lock
9. mouse trap trips turning on light
10. ball released and rolls down
11. ball turns on surge protector/coffee maker
12. coffee maker soaks through releasing ball
13. ball hits mouse trap(s)/rat trap
14. rat trap pulls open umbrella
15. ball rolls down shoot hitting dominoes
16. dominoes hit golf ball
17. golf ball rolls down shoot landing onto golf tee
18. yellow ball rolls into cup
19. cup goes down raising American flag
20. flag trips mouse trap
21. mouse trap pulls hammer
22. hammer hits can
23. can causes ball to roll down shoots
24. ball goes into cup pulling watering can to water flower
25. can pulls up string tripping rat trap
26. rat trap pulls on cereal box, pouring cereal
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos