Zip A Zipper
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
J. Fishbein, A. Kosakowski
What we're studying:
Simple Machines, force, drag, weight, chain reactions.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"What's meant to be will always find a way."Why we think we should win:
Our team, "Just Zip It!", should win because we are creative, determined individuals with grit and fierce minds. We collaborate and work together to make great ideas and inventions.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Logo, sharpen a pencil, tuck in your shirt.
Welcome to our site! We are working hard right now, so Just Zip It!
Our Step List
1. Grab the lacrosse ball.
2. Pull the ball back to shoulder height.
3. Release the ball while pushing with force.
4. The lacrosse ball is pushed into the basketball.
5. The basketball rolls across the platform of the ladder.
6. The basketball knocks into the weights.
7. The weights are pushed off of the platform.
8. The weights fall to the ground.
9. The pulley shifts.
10. The zipper is zipped by the pulley.
11. Congratulations on zipping your zipper!
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos